Thursday, September 15, 2011

Merryland

Maryland

I left Philly early and headed to Maryland, anticipating approximately 10 hours of downtime. I hiked South Mountain. It was a pretty easy hike, good time killer. Nothing new as far as hiking terrain goes, same old stuff I'm used to, for the most part.

After South Mountain, I drove a bit farther south towards Towson. I found myself at Loch Raven Watershed. It was a beautiful place to drive though. It appeared as though there were some hiking trails, but I didn't get to check them out. It was getting dark by the time I had gotten there and I had already hiked that day, so I passed.
In Towson, the landscape is a mix between corporate and suburban sprawl. It's pretty busy, almost city-burb-ish. There's a couple colleges there, and from what I understand, most of the people there are not attending their first choice school. Lots and lots of beautiful, unintelligent women. Is what it is.
So, Towson is pretty lame, but not far from Towson is the city of Baltimore. I had some fun here. My buddy from College whom I stayed with took me to two breweries in Baltimore. The first one was called Brewer's Art. It was a cool little basement nook bar. All their beer was served in stemmed goblets, like a huge sawed off wine glass. I had their Saison and their IPA. Both delicious, very cool little brewery. It was annoyingly dark though, which might say something about the normal patrons...
Not far from Brewer's Art was another brewery called Brew Dog. It was next door to a really small music venue I was told is pretty tight. Bonus. At Brew Dog, all the bartenders are really attractive women who drink with you. It was really sweet. They gave out a round of shots to everyone at the bar, including the staff, at 6:00. They serve all their beers as two separate ¾ sized pints. This is ideal when sampling beers with a friend. You both order different brews and swap one of your two with one another, and get through the beer list far more cost effectively

After Towson and Baltimore, I went to West Virginia, which will be my next post. After West Virginia, I came back to Rockville Maryland and hung out with a friend for a little while.

The city of Rockville Maryland kind of reminded me of home. Well, not my town in particular, but a lot of the suburbs that surround I-95 around the perimeter of Boston. It was full of neighborhoods, while also full of little strip plaza's where people come from their neighborhoods to spend money while avoiding going the 10 miles and 40 minutes through traffic to the larger metropolitan area. There was a lot of woods present, while still having echoes of an urbanized feel about it. I suppose this is just what it's like 10-30 minutes outside any major metropolitan area. It was nice, but I didn't do anything there that you couldn't do somewhere else, except hang out with quality humans, which is not to be written off. Shoutin' out to Lydy and friends!


Sorry followers, it's been a delayed bit for this post. I've been G-less. No Gs. Not 3Gs, not 1 G, not even an E! My smartphone isn't all that smart. I fixed it, got my Gs back. I'm about to flood with like 3 posts or so, and then I'll be back on track, so yeah. I guess I'll see you on the road, but I'm in Georgia now, not just about to leave Maryland, that was last week. Oh well.

See you... somewhere. Sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment