Friday, August 5, 2011

Cross Country Adventures

I've loved driving since I got my car. I used to drive around as far away as a tank of gas would get me just to get lost. I'd become privy to the way interstates worked by this time, making the idea of "of getting lost" much more adventurous than scary.

After living in Massachusetts for 18 years, and living in Vermont for 5, I've decided that I know the ways of New England's roads all too well and need a change of scenery. I'm taking my long-living passion for being lost on my own to the road this month and setting sail for somewhere. I've got a few places in mind, and this blog will aim to keep those interested posted on my whereabouts. This blog will also contain reviews of cities, states, roads, trails, restaurants, amusement parks, state parks, tourist sites and more, equipped with photos, videos, and plenty of anecdotes. 

I'm also really hoping that this time alone will allow me the solitude and time to expand artistically and creatively. I plan on doing a lot of writing (not just on the blog). I plan on writing stand-up acts, I plan on writing songs. I plan on combining music with comedy, because every musician and every comedian claims the other's grass seemed greener. I hope to write an album of music, comedy, and/or both/all, during my travels. 

The overarching purpose of this trip is for me to go life-shopping. I'm a musician seeking the right city. I might want to go back to school for a graduate degree. Perhaps in music, perhaps not. I'm exploring to see which cities beg me to come back, and I'm excited to hear their reasons.

Check back, I'll be updating new blog posts on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Maybe I'll see you on the road.

-Skwar

1 comment:

  1. come record your shit at Jordan when you're done with the trip!

    ReplyDelete